Benefits of Lemon and Honey Tea
If you are like me, then you will hate taking medicines like paracetamol, ibuprofen, and any other gross tasting capsules and tablets that are supposed to make you feel better.
I swear by drinking this tea whenever you feel like a cold is coming on, or if you are already feeling ill. I have finally got my family to drink this, and my boyfriend Sean believes me too!
You could also drink this tea every day, to prevent you from catching any illnesses. But I am unsure how to acidity of the lemon would treat your teeth, if you drank it everyday… So I’m not going to try that.
Here is how you make it!
You will need –
- Boiling water.
- Half a lemon (or whole if you wish, I use half in a small mug, whole in a large one).
- Honey, preferably clear honey, but of course that is just my preference, I only had set honey in the house and it tasted fine.
- A mug, any kind of mug, for blogging purposes I like to use clear mugs so you can see inside, but it really does not matter.
All you need to do, is –
- Put water in the kettle and set it to boil.
- Cut the lemon in half, and slice it thinly, but just don’t cut yourself it can be a bit tricky, I usually leave the last bit and squeeze it into the mug if i cant slice it…
- Put the lemon into the mug, and pour in the boiling water.
- Add a teaspoon of honey, or more/less if you wish.
And that is it! It is also super cheap, lemons cost around 10p, and honey ranges from around £3 and up!
Why I Drink Lemon Tea – Why You Should Too
- I feel more awake in the morning and ready to work.
- I work with children and frequently catch colds – this tea helps to over come it quickly.
- I very rarely get sore throats or stomach aches.
- Cleanses and re-hydrates your digestive system (why I dont experience stomach aches often).
- Prevents urine infections.
- Helps to maintain your weight.
- Apparently it provides you with antibacterial and collagen nutrients, (this means it makes you look pretty and healthy).
There are many more health benefits and reasons to drink this tea.
But these are the qualities that I have recognised in myself, and others who I have recommended this drink too.
Thank you for reading. If you have any other ways to fight illnesses using natural products, comment below.