Welcome to todays post!
As you may have guessed, it is all about books…
I love to read.
In fact I love everything about reading.
The whole process of a book amazes me.
The fact that someone has spent such a long amount of time to create a book for your enjoyment, is just amazing…
This Is What I Love About Reading…
Buying a new book from a bookstore.
New book smell.
Completing a book, not being able to put it down until it is done.
Starting a new book.
Feeling like after each book you read is the best one in the world, until you finish another one.
Having shelves full of colourful books. You can see your home library forming already (going to need a whole room).
Last but not least, I love feeling inspired by each and every book.
It makes me want to write one of my own, a book that I myself would enjoy to read, and hope that others will too.
So that leads me into the second part of this blog post… (Keep reading to find out what books I have been loving, and why.)
What Am I Up To Now?
Well I am up to lots of things, not that I lead a particular interesting and fun filled life. But still, there’s things going on here!
I of course am still working my full time job, which can be tricky when it comes to trying to carry out my hundreds of plans I have for myself, but I love my job, and I wouldn’t change it…
Now it is the summer, I am still working, but I have a little break at the end of each week, a longer break than just the weekend.
So in this time I am going to try and get some stuff done.
My first plan is to get back on this bandwagon and start being a better blogger.
I know I know I say this all the time, but I am narrowing down the days I post. To one day a week.
One day I week is not a lot and I know that, but I will be able to de stress, and not write up some crappy posts because I forgot. I am going to be posting every Monday night (tonight is an exception), hopefully around 8pm, so make sure you are staying tuned and sharing the poop out of my content.. Jokes, just one share will do.
Okay, so the other thing I am up to, is writing… Yes I am not only writing on my blog. But I am planning my first book, my first novel.
I am super excited to start writing it and seeing it all come together. At the moment I am still planning, and finding inspiration from elsewhere.
I find the most inspiration from reading… Of course you need to read books to actually write one! So it helps that reading is one of my favourite pastimes.
Books I Have Been Reading
- The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion– I know I should have read the Rosie Project first, but I like to do things the other way round. Okay so honestly, I only had The Rosie Effect, and didn’t realise the project came first. But lets see how reading them backwards goes!
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky– This is my all time favourite book. This is the book that got me into reading, I just love it. Its only short, but the story is amazing, I wont give anything away. Just read it!
- Looking For Alaska by John Green – The amazing author of The Fault In Our Stars. The book I presume everyone has read, or watched the film. The book where we have all cried until there are no tears left. Well guess what? This book is the same, in fact I stopped reading before part two because I was so upset, and I didn’t want to happen, what did happen! Ah trying to not spoil it! But again, read it.
- The Girl On The Train by Pauls Hawkins – AMAZING BOOK I LOVED IT. This is the first thriller I have ever read, and it was hard. The suspense is unbelievable, but this is the ultimate ‘Cannot put it down’ book. I had to read it all the way to the end once the ball starting rolling and the conclusion was become clear. My goodness, Paula Hawkins, you are a genius…
- Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee – The author of the book we have all heard of (confession alert, I haven’t read it) How To Kill A Mocking Bird… I bought this book purely on the basis that it is the same author, and her other book is pretty good apparently. So here I am, reading this one! It is set a few years after her first book, so it isn’t present tense, which I find quite hard to read.. We will see how it goes. (UPDATE I stopped reading it and started Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell)
Thank you so much for reading! Comment below and tell me what your favourite books are!
Make sure you check out some of my other recent posts below…
Lots of love – Charlotte xx