A Banana Smoothie To Build Up Your Body
From someone who struggles with maintaining their weight, here is a the easiest recipe to make a delicious banana smoothie, that will not only fill you up, but build you up!
Remember drinking ‘Build Up’? I do, I drank it so much in order to gain weight, I don’t think it ever helped a great deal, but it contained all the nutrients I wasn’t getting. This recipe is basically a nicer build up, that you can make at home, and you could pretty much add whatever you wanted to it as well! (As long as it is healthy-ish)
This banana smoothie can be used as a meal supplement, but I would advise you to also have something to eat too, if you are trying to gain weight.
Ingredients For Banana Smoothie –
These ingredients are for one person…
You can double the amount for two, or triple for three!
I never actually measure the amount of the ingredients I use, because I will end up changing it each time. So if you LOVE peanut butter, add as much as you want, same goes for everything else too. I usually use a tablespoon for ingredients like honey, and the chia seeds etc.
– 1 Banana
– Nuts or you have in your house
(almonds or walnuts are best, but any will do!)
– Chia seeds
– Peanut butter
– Skimmed milk or almond milk
– Cinnamon/coco powder
– Frozen berries if you have any
(This is just an extra if the drink isn’t fruity enough)
How To Make A Banana Smoothie
I use the Breville Active blender, it is so easy to use, you can make it in the bottle, and simple put on the lid and leave the house. Or you can put it in a glass and wash it out very quickly. You dont need to take it all apart like those huge blenders with the glass jars. Also, it super easy to use.
You can find it here on Amazon – Breville Blend-Active Blender
Basically, all you need to do is, add all of the ingredients into the bottle. I personally add a few of the solid ingredients, and then blend those so they become softer, then add the rest, including the milk, I usually fill the milk just a little under half way on the bottles that come with the blender, this should then fill an average sized glass. With the nuts and seeds, you might want to crush them a little bit first, so they will blend easier.
You can then top it with whatever you want, maybe some frozen banana to keep it cool, or a fancy strawberry.
I told you, its EASY.
Why A Banana Smoothie Is Good For You
– Bananas are an instant energy booster. Athletes eat bananas when they get tired, or after a race to avoid the major come down, and hopefully not pass out.
– Almonds (if you add them) give you vitamin E, this strengthens your immune system, gives you nice healthy skin and eyes.
– Milk provides calcium to give you stronger bones. If you cannot drink milk the simple add whatever supplement you use to get calcium, this could be soya milk, almond milk, even coconut milk.
– Peanut butter gives you protein, it also contains antioxidants, and contains healthy fats. Peanut butter is great to eat if you are a vegetarian, and are in need of getting some extra protein.
– Chia seeds are full of protein, fiber, omega 3 fatty acids and many micro nutrients. They are so small they probably wont get blended. But if you mix them with some water they expand and become very soft.
– Honey is a major health helper outer. Great if you have a cold, cough, or sore throat. Just add it in every drink you have, its a good idea.
Why It Is Important To Maintain A Healthy Weight
From my own POV (point of view, in case you didn’t know) I think it is extremely important to maintain a healthy weight. This doesn’t mean maintaining a ‘too skinny’ weight, or an ‘overweight’ weight.. I mean a mid weight that is healthy, obviously.
There is nothing wrong with being skinny, some people just have smaller bodies, but they can be healthy, and the same goes for people are are looked at as ‘big’ they just have a different body type.
Everyone has a different healthy weight, depending on your height, and your own personal health status, depends on what weight you should be.
Please do not compare yourself to a BMI chart, because they do not take all factors into account, for example, someone with a lot of muscle mass would come up as overweight, which is of course wrong.
Top Tip – Easy Way To Open A Banana
So there is nothing worse than opening a banana at top just squishes inwards, and you have to wrestle it to get it open. We all know that monkeys are total experts at opening bananas, and we should open it like them too! All you need to do is pinch the bottom of the banana, and it should split, them simple peel, voila!
Thank you for reading, I hope it helped!
If you have any other healthy smoothies then please comment below, also let me know if you try this one.