Dr Martens Are The BEST Shoe Ever.
In My Little Biased Opinion
The day I bought my first pair of Dr Martens was the best day of my shoe buying life. Honestly, these boots have changed me, and I am going to write all about why you should buy a pair of Dr Martens in this post, obviously. There will be some Pros, and some Cons –
I wear them everyday, and I really mean everyday, I wear them to work, I wear them out, I wear them to the shop, I drive in them, everything. Probably because I dont actually own any other shoes suitable for this weather, or any that I find remotely comfortable.
I am struggling with my feet at the moment, my ankles and knees hurt as they are slightly turned inwards, so I need to wear well supported shoes, which Dr Martens certainly are.
If anyone else has any trouble with their feet, especially if they are on them all day like me, then I highly recommend you buy some! I promise they are worth it.
Here is why;
Why I LOVE Dr Martens – Why To Buy Them
Here is a list of pros, and why you should purchase a pair of these boots.
- They are super comfortable.
- They support my feet.
- Dr Martens can be worn with pretty much anything! – Well I think so anyway..
- They will last forever – If you dont mind a few harmless scratches that are bound to happen.
- You can walk around for hours and your feet wont hurt.
- They didn’t take long to break in at all, despite reading other peoples reviews.
- There are so many different styles of the shoe you can buy. I only have the boots at the moment, as I bought them in the winter.
- I see them as an investment – Dr Martens have been worn for years, so why not buy a pair?
- I can wear whatever I want, I feel like I can try any style of clothing, and feel like I look good.
- I feel like I can style myself how I did when I was a little younger. I was more adventurous back then and made more of an effort with my hair and makeup, so now I will try that again!
– Some of those are of course just my opinion, but I know that other people who wear them feel the same way!
The Only Downsides To Dr Martens –
Unfortunately, like everything, there are some cons. So here is a very little list of some that I found.
- They are quite pricey.. A pair of boots will cost around £105, shoes are a little less.
- Not every one will like them – But who cares?
- Not seen as very feminine – Again, who cares?
- They can take a while to break in. (Mine didn’t, this might be because I wore two pairs of socks to begin with.)
- When you get a scratch your heart breaks a little.
- You have to maintain the leather, this just helps with wear and tear. And also costs more money!
- They will get scruffy, and have creases in.
- They can be quite big before they mould to your feet.
And that is it!
Here are a few pictures of my boots, I have a pair of cherry red 8-eye Boots, and a pair of patent black 8-eye boots.
I am currently also waiting to buy some more, I just dont know which ones to get!
I need some summer shoes. If you know if any nice styles, please let me know.
Thank you for reading
Take another peak if you haven’t already at some of my previous posts –