How To Get Longer Hair
Hello again, here is yet another post about hair! SURPRISE!
As you probably already know, I will be posting about hair quite regularly, because I am constantly trying to make my hair nicer, better, stronger, and most importantly, longer.
I keep cutting my hair off, no idea what it is, but I look at pictures of short hair, and then thats it – obsessed…
There’s the relationship where I love it for a couple of weeks, and then regret my decision, grow it long, and then the cycle repeats itself! I’ll never learn..
But this time, my hair is growing back really thin, and is breaking easily, boo hoo. So I am trying anything and everything to help my hair. So on this blog I will be leading you on a journey of how I get back my old strong and long hair.
Tips and Advice on Getting Longer Hair –
The first step I am taking, and you should too, is to drink LOADS of water, this will not only help my hair but it will help my skin, which is also starting to hate me. Water hydrates your hair, making it shinier and stronger, and softer, making it grow longer woo! When your hair is dry, it brakes a lot, of course leading to it not growing at all.
Wash it with the ‘Mane & Tail’ Shampoo and conditioner’, I do believe this really works, but unfortunately at the moment it is making my scalp super dry, gross. But hopefully if I start to drink more water then this should disappear. I also try to only wash my hair around 3 times a week, to enable the natural oils to appear and go through my hair. (You may have to deal with a few greasy hair days, but its worth it).
Tie it up loosely, when your hair is down it rubs on your clothes and breaks easily, so whilst I am moving around a lot (working or exercising) I will tie it up. Also with a scrunchie, and most definitely not the little horrid elastic bands.
Add essential oils into my hair care routine. Once I have washed my hair, I use argan oil or coconut oil, or both! I massage this into the ENDS of my hair – very important, you have just washed it, why would you want to make it greasy again?
Using a bamboo brush, this soaks up the natural oils in your hair and helps to distribute it to your ends. I bought a brush from amazon, but I am sure you can buy them in most health or beauty shops. They are more expensive, but definitely worth it!
Last but not least, do not use heat, I don’t do this anyway, unless I really really need too. But this can really damage your hair and take a long time to grow out if you straighten or blow dry it every day. So, just cut it out. If you want wavy or curly hair there are many ways in which you can do this without applying heat. I tie my hair in dutch plaits sometimes and this works – but it is a tight hairstyle, so I wouldn’t do it often.
Home Made Hair Mask For Stronger Hair
- 2 tablespoons of; Coconut oil, try to use unrefined and organic coconut oil so you dont have any nasty chemicals. Coconut oil can melt under a really low heat, so it turns into a liquid in your fingers.
- Few drops of; Argan Oil – Adds shine, helps you hair get stronger, its also an essential oil known for giving you luscious hair.
- 2 tablespoons of; Castor Oil – Now this does not smell nice at all! Hence why I add other ingredients. But this also promotes hair growth. It sends blood to your scalp helping it to regrow thick and strong.
- 1 Egg– Adds protein to your hair, as hair is made up of proteins, its kind of obvious why you would use an egg.. If you don’t know, it adds more proteins to your hair as it soaks it all up, and again, helps it become stronger.
- Cling film – to wrap
- Plastic bag – optional
Other ingredients you can add are;
- Honey – Contains vitamins and minerals, it is also antibacterial.
- Cinnamon – Stimulates blood flow, smells nice.
Next Steps To Making Your Hair Mask
– Melt the coconut oil and castor oil in a microwave, do this in 10 second increments. You don’t want it to get too hot otherwise it will burn you. Dur. (You also do not want scrambled eggs)
– Add in the Argan Oil and the egg. Mix it all together. (Add other ingredients if you wish at this point.)
Then simply use your fingers, or a spreader/squeezy bottle to first apply to your scalp. Then gradually move it down to your ends. I make sure I do this over a sink to ensure I don’t make a mess on my bed.
Once your hair is fully saturated with the mask, then you need to gently twist it onto the top of your head. Try and wrap cling film all around it. You may need help with this step, but if you lean over so your hair stays put, it is a bit easier.
I also then add a plastic bag over the top to hold in the heat, and make sure there is no spillage.
I leave this in for an hour or so. Then wash it out in the shower. Once I have washed my hair, I rinse it in colder water to lock it all in!
Add in any oils you want to, and voila! Finished, your hair should now be nice shiny and smooth, and begin to grow thicker.
I have also done another post with even MORE tips and tricks for healthy hair.
Thank you for reading, I hope this has helped. If you have any more questions, please comment below, I will get back to you, I promise!