Tips For Healthy Hair & How To Grow Your Hair
I am constantly trying to find new ways to help my hair become healthier and grow faster.
Since I keep cutting it all off…
I always go to Pinterest to find new tricks and tips on how to make hair masks and what is good for your hair, so here are a few things that I have tried and tested.
Unfortunately I did not take any before and after images. But I can assure you there is a difference in my hair after using some of these techniques.
Here are a few tips on how to ensure that your hair is healthy and growing quickly, or quicker than usual. Now I dont mean that your hair is going to grow an inch a day, it might grow an extra half an inch to an inch a month, or two inches if you’re lucky.
1) NO HEAT – I never ever ever use heat on my hair, I have no split ends, and my hair is not brittle or dull. I see no need to blow dry your hair unless it is necessary. Just let your hair air dry! I also will only curl or straighten my hair on important occasions, and when I do, use heat protection, and lots of oils the day after to prevent it from becoming dry.
2) Massages – Who does not love a massage? You may find you are always giving yourself a massage, but it still feels good and is sooo relaxing. And it can promote hair growth, win win. So basically, the science behind it (as far as I know) is that massaging your head increases the blood flow to your scalp which therefore increases your hair growth.
– There is also a method called the ‘Inversion Method’ this is where you will use an oil, and massage your scalp upside down for a maximum of four minutes, you are supposed to do this everyday to apparently give you an extra inch of hair growth in under a month. I did begin to do this method, but I found that I was getting really bad headaches from being upside down…
3) Wash your hair less – This may seem a little bit gross, but you really do not need to wash your hair everyday, all that is going to happen is your hair will get thinner, dryer, dull, and fall out more often. This is because every time you wash your hair, you are washing away your natural oils which help to replenish the hair and keep it strong and healthy. Therefore by washing your hair less you are giving it the natural oils it needs to grow and reduce fall out. I personally wash my hair once or twice a week.
Once you start to wash your hair less, you will find that it does not get greasy as quickly. It may be hard to begin this, but its worth it. If you aren’t going anywhere, just leave your hair for a few days, then before you wash it, put in some oils or use a mask, then wash it.
4) No tight hairstyles – This is going to just pull your hair and hurt your head, the best styles for everyday are loose ones. For example, a loose bun, or ponytail. I have found that scrunchies are the nest hair bobbles to stop breakage. Elastic bands will ALWAYS pull out your hair.
5) Products – Use shampoos and conditioners that do not contain any chemicals you do not understand, they should only contain natural ingredients and oils that help to nourish your hair. The ‘Say Yes To Carrots’ shampoo and conditioner is very good. L’Occitane’s products are also very good natural products containing essential oils (as you can see in my header image). There are also many more. They might be a little bit expensive, but it is worth it. I suggest having a look on amazon and comparing the prices.
You can view these sites to have a look at their products
Hair Mask Recipe
Note: There are many hair masks you can make, that can be found on the internet. I made this one by combining a few that I think worked the best.
- One egg
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
To create the mask you need to mix the oil, and the honey together and heat in the microwave. Only until it is warm and melted.
Then gently whisk the egg in a different bowl and add that in, then finally however much cinnamon you like.
Once this is on your head, wrap it in cling film and leave for an hour or two.
Then wash it out!
Thank you for reading my post of how to grow your hair.
Hope this has helped. If you have any other good hair mask recipes, comment below and I will try them out.