The Little Things In Life –
Why I Chose My Blog Name
Here is a post all about the little things in life!
I dont usually post today, and this topic is a little bit different, but I thought it may benefit some of you, and hopefully a lot of you can relate!
So it is about time I posted a quick one about my blog name. I love reading about the meaning behind other peoples blog names, and how they found it. Here is mine. Also containing a little nice list of the little things in life that I enjoy. (So when I finished this post, I realised the list is not very little…)
Figuring out and finding my blog name was probably the most stressful part to creating it! It took so long, to find a name that was so ridiculously simple.
Back Story On How I Found My Name, Why I Chose It;
Right, my first thought was to turn to the internet, I searched and searched for fancy words, pretty words, colours, name generators, I followed loads of different steps, spider diagrams, lists, creating my own word, using foreign words…
None of it helped at all. I was going round in circles and coming out with really crap names.
Finally I stopped searching the internet, and reading blogs on how to find a name, and I just began to think about what I like. I decided what I like the most, was the little things in life! I then came up with Charlotte’s things, Charlotte’s little things, and so on, and all of them sounded a little bit wrong…
So I went to bed, still thinking about it, and I thought about the name Lottie, which can be a nickname for someone called Charlotte, I then realised that Lottie sounds and looks a kind of like little, and I added them together! SIMPLE and extremely frustrating that I didn’t think of it in the first place…
And there was born ‘Lottie Things’ A simple personal and lifestyle blog, and I loved the sound of it. I then bought the domain immediately, and changed my social medias so they all matched, and that was it!
My TOP TIP for finding your blog name has to be –
Do not over think it, it will always be something super simple. Don’t waste time looking for words or help, you will find it yourself.
A Little BIG List Of The Little Things In Life
– When its warm enough to not have to wear a jacket outside
– The joy when you go to get in your car and it has not frozen over night
– The smell of a new book
– The smell of a new game
– A perfectly poached/fried egg
– New mugs for tea
– Cute socks
– Buying new notebooks and stationary
– Putting the lid on a Yankee Candle and watching the wick burn out
– Fresh bed sheets
– Pom Poms
– Cool water bottles
– Hearing the rain on your window (although not wanting to go outside)
– Finding money in your pocket
– Eating the perfect and prettiest doughnuts with evenly distributed filling
– Waking up before your alarm and feeling good
– Waking up way before your alarm and realising you have a few more hours
– Turning your pillow to the cold side
– Not having to lick the lid when you open a Muller yoghurt
– Opening a new jar or tub of any kind of spread (butter is the best one)
– Being able to not wash your hair for an extra day because it didn’t get that greasy
– Unexpected discounts when you go out to eat or shop
– A fresh bouquet of flowers
– Making your own meal from scratch
– Taking a fresh egg straight from a chicken (we had chickens as children)
– The perfect cup of tea
– Waking up with fresh looking skin
– Driving on empty roads
– Having a mini Christmas when you get a new pair of glasses
– Free next day delivery
– Warm clothes from the radiator
– When it is still light when you go home from work
– Creating a playlist and listening to it on repeat
– Crying with laughter with no reason
– A clear blue sky
– Fluffy things
I COULD GO ON – this has now became a little big list, as I have gotten too carried away, again..
If you have any other little things in life you enjoy, please comment and let me know, I would love to hear.
Thank you for reading – I have called this the ‘Doughnut Of Life’ because life is round and colourful, just like this one… Cute.
Other posts you need to read!