New Year Resolutions
Welcome to my first post of 2017!
The year I am swearing to myself that I will get this blogging business going. Here is the good old generic ‘New year resolutions’ post we all hate to love, and love to hate.
I enjoy writing these kinds of posts though. I feel like it sets what I want to do in my brain. Meaning I think I have more chance of actually sticking at it, and completing what I want to do.
Some of my resolutions are the same ones everyone has each year. Others are more like goals, hence why I have added that into the title. The goals have a date to be completed by, so this post is a reminder to myself that I need to get my shit together.
My 2017 To-Do List
Complete Fiction writing, and self publishing course by the summer.
Get on top of blogging – Every Monday
Take WAY more photos and videos
Sell all my crap
Be making money outside of my job
Get healthy. Gain weight. Exercise.
Get a new hairstyle.
Finish writing my first book by Christmas.
Woah okay so I know that is a whole lot of resolutions and goals, but they are all pretty spread out.
Some are the same ones you get every single year and give up on, or don’t do.
Others are serious things that I want to do to change my life.
Explaining My Resolutions –
1) I started a fiction writing and self publishing course with the Open Study College in November. My deadline is the summer, well its my plan to complete it by then anyway… I may have to give myself a little bit of extra time in case anything pops up. But fingers crossed, it will be all over to I can enjoy the summer, and start something new. (Writing)
2) Next on the list is, getting on top of blogging. I AM SO RUBBISH AT THIS. I keep on saying that i’ll post more often and blah blah, or ill be more consistent… The thing is, Blogging is on the bottom of my list at the moment. Unfortunately. I don’t want it to be that way. But until my college work is finished, I cant always have a post up and ready, if i’m writing an essay at the same time. Id rather focus on one thing, then do the other.
I have however been trying to post every Monday as that’s the most reasonable time at the moment. So from when this post is published. You should be seeing a post every Monday, or every other Monday…
3) Taking more photos and videos is on my list because, it makes life easier, I can capture more moments, and pictures are nice things to have! Its easier because ill always have something to post on Instagram, and always have images to add into my blog posts… I always find myself cramming in a load of photos on a Sunday night before the post goes up on Monday.
4) Selling all of the things I do not want is 100% my goal for this year. I want to get rid of everything i no longer use, or things collecting dust in my wardrobe. I have created a Depop account and I have sold a few items. But I am also going to be listing some random bits on eBay and selling that way too. If you would like to check out my Depop (please do) I ship in the UK only and all of my clothing is good quality, and hardly worn! – https://www.depop.com/charlotteanndawson
5) Making money outside of my job is something I have wanted to do for a while. Who doesn’t want to be earning more money? I have a few ways I think I will try, I don’t think ill be earning any extra other than selling my things, until I have finished my course in the summer.
6) Getting healthy is a persistent goal of mine. I find it hard to gain and maintain a healthy weight. There is no real reason why. I just don’t particularly like eating food! (Unpopular opinion) I also worry if I have gained weight, although I understand it would be good for me. I want to exercise purely to get my fitness levels up, and get stronger.
7) Getting a new hairstyle! I always want to change my hair but I am always to scared… I have already dyed my hair basically orange, and I hate it because I am not a professional. Its patchy. And I hate it. So I have decided to go and get my hair done properly, considering its not been cut for two years, other than my Mum trimming it the other day. I think I am going to be cutting it back short again, maybe a mid-length kinda style. So excited!
8) Last but not least (cus i’m probably going to think of more things i want to do) Finish writing my first ever book, and hopefully self publish it, using the knowledge I would have learnt during my course. I have a few ideas on what to write, but I wont be starting it until there are no other distractions..
So there we have it! My New Years Resolutions post.
I should have uploaded this sooner, but like I have already stated. I’m rubbish at being a consistent blogger.
Anyway, thank you so much for reading! Please comment below and follow my blog over on bloglovin xxx
(Make sure you have a read of some of my previous posts too)