The Positives And Negatives Of Wearing Glasses
Here is a small-ish kinda long list of pros and cons of wearing glasses, it includes comparing them to wearing contact lenses in some cases.
As someone who wears glasses everyday, and only wears contacts for special occasions.
I have a lot of positives and negatives! So if you are someone who wishes they could wear glasses, this is why you might not, and also might want to!
It can be hard and annoying at times, I wish that one day I could wake up and have perfect eyesight. But that’s never going to happen! So for now, I love my glasses, and I love wearing them.
Pros of wearing glasses
- You can see.
- You can get loads of pretty frames, they can look super stylish.
- Easier to wear than contact lenses.
- If you’re having a bad make up day, glasses can hide it a little bit.
- Makes you look smart, clever, sophisticated.
- You can buy all kinds of cases or storage systems.
- Compliments, a lot of people wish they could wear glasses, for some reason. So you will get the occasional “I like your glasses, they suit you”.
- Hearing “You look pretty in glasses, you should wear them more” (but are you trying to say i’m not without glasses???)
- So easy and comfortable to wear.
- You dont get itchy, or watery eyes, like you do with contacts.
- If you drop your glasses on the floor, you will be able to find, them, drop a contact lens however, and its gone.
- Prescription glasses are more suited to your eyesight than contact lenses.
Cons of wearing glasses
- If it is raining – your glasses also get covered in rain.
- Children like to touch and take of your glasses – Leading to cleaning them every five minutes.
- Even if you need the toilet at night, you need to put them on.
- Not all hair styles look good with glasses.
- You can spend ages doing your eye make up, but no one is going to see it in full detail due to the shadow caused by your glasses.
- People asking to try on your glasses, then saying “wow you’re so blind” – thanks.
- When you get new glasses, they rub behind your ears for what seems like forever.
- Forgetting you are wearing glasses and trying to lie down.
- Trying to look closely out of a window and hitting your glasses, because you forget how big they are.
- Getting your hair stuck in the hinges.
- Being over protective, flinching when someone comes near your face.
- It is is sunny, you would either have to be blinded by the sun, or splash out for a pair of prescription sunglasses.
- If it is sunny when you are driving and you are already wearing glasses, you cannot put on sunglasses.
- When you take of your glasses, people are surprised how different you look.
- Reflections when taking pictures.
- When you drink tea, your glasses steam up.
- When you open the dishwasher, your glasses steam up.
- When you transition from cold weather, to a warm building, your glasses steam up – I think you understand – basically, they steam up, a lot.
Asking someone who doesn’t wear glasses what they think a negative would be.
“You can’t fricken see without them..” – Sean M
Thank you for reading. If you have any other pros of cons, then please comment below.