Health Benefits Of Peppermint Tea
I absolutely LOVE tea. I will try every kind of tea possible. But I have a few favorites, this post is all about peppermint tea, its benefits, and what its really like to drink.
I first started to drink peppermint tea as I heard it can really calm down your stomach especially if you are bloated or have IBS (probably because it helps you go to the toilet..)
So it kind of tasted a little bit like
minty dirt, I know i’m not selling it that much BUT it gets better, its a taste that you can learn to like, which I now have!
The best way to brew a cup of peppermint tea would be to keep the tea bag in for at least three mins, you can also add honey to your tea if you would like it sweeter, and also honey has it benefits too!
Honey can help soothe your throat, and generally help with how you are feeling especially if you have a cold. (Lemon and honey tea is good for colds too)
Here are the benefits!
1) Can help you go to the toilet if you need to, this might not work for everyone, but it does for some, this is due to the peppermint moving the gas which may be stuck causing bloating or irritable bowels.
2) It is very refreshing! The minty taste can help to wake you up, it sort of makes your insides feel fresh too!
3) If you are feeling sick, drink some peppermint tea! I always used to chew chewing gum when I felt sick, until I learnt that it eats away at your insides (apparently). Peppermint tea is an antispasmodic, it helps to reduce belly aches and soothe motion sickness due to its anti inflammatory properties.
4) If you are looking to lose weight, then this is the tea for you, it basically works so that you dont feel hungry, and wont need to snack.
5) It helps to reduce stress, as peppermint oil is a popular oil to burn or to use in aromatherapy, by drinking this tea it reduces your blood pressure and regulates your temperature. This means you can relax and unwind.
Hope this has helped! Let me know in the comments below if you have tried drinking peppermint tea, and if you are experiencing any benefits yet!