Quick Simple Food Ideas – For A Human Who Struggles To Eat
I never ever know what to eat, and not only does it annoy me, it annoys everyone else!
– This following post is obviously just my preference, these foods may not be what you like, or you may think I should not be eating them. However, this is a situation that occurs daily for me! – And I am sure there are many others who have the same problem. –
I do struggle with my weight and all that kinda stuff, I wont go into that today, that’s a whole other story! But figuring out what my body and my mind wants to eat is incredibly frustrating!
I work full time, I then come home, do what I need to do at home, and then blog (takes up so much more time than I thought!), so eating is kind of a grab and go, I dont always have time to cook fancy big meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
A list of Snack/Lunch Ideas
You can switch and change anything, a lot of the foods can be adjusted to your liking.
- Egg on toast – a favourite of mine! Any kind of eggs, poached, fried, scrambled.
- Apple slices and peanut butter
- Bowl of fruit – easy peasy
- Greek yogurt, honey, coconut, fruit. Well you could probably add and make your own Greek yogurt bowl, its just so good.
- Stir fry – super easy lunch to make, chuck in a load of veg, beansprouts, and sauces, voila.
- Porridge – Perfect on a cold day.
- Tuna spinach salad – Another fave of mine at the moment, takes around two minutes to make! All you need is tuna, spinach, whatever vegetables you like, and balsamic vinegar.
- Waffles – the ready made waffles are the best, with honey and banana. Yum.
- Different nuts, dried fruits.
- Leftover potato salad – mayo, vegetables, and potato! Add in some chives or whatever you like.
- Nachos – LOVE LOVE LOVE nachos, super easy; nachos, grated cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream.
- Wholewheat pasta, tomatoes, and cheese. Ta daa.
- Cheese and crackers.
- Toasties – Love toasties, the best one I can make is cheese and tuna, and a bowl of baked beans to dip it in (or tomato soup).
- Soup – Of course, because soup takes about 3 mins to make, and there are lots of flavours to choose from woo!
Drinks, Keep Hydrated! –
- Ovaltine – A drink that has all kinds of nutritional value, also helps you get to sleep.
- Build up – I used to drink this to help me put on weight, again his contain the nutrients your body needs, and can be a substitute for a small meal.
- Tea – Well I had to add tea in here, because why not? Tea is the best.
- Hot chocolate – Who doesn’t like a hot choc?
- Fresh juice – Cranberry juice is probably my fave, it also helps if you get an annoying water infection as it clears out your bladder! (I think that’s what it does, it helps anyway…)
- Detox Waters – When I drink water I always try to add lemon, or cucumber, or pretty much anything that adds flavour, detox water is also very good for you! But again that’s a whole other post that will be coming soon.
And if all else fails, and you cannot possibly think of anything (there must be waaaaaay more than what I have suggested), then try different sandwiches, or toast; all sorts can go on toast! Or have a plate or bowl of a mish mash (foods that may not go together) of all your favorites.
Thank you for reading, hope I have helped,
if you have any other quick and easy snack ideas, please comment below.