Lottie Things Library – Why You Should Read
Who doesn’t like to read? If you are saying “pft me” .. You are reading the wrong books.
Now during this post I am in no way telling what books or genres you should read from, because there are plenty books I would probably never read, because they simply do not interest me! So whatever floats your boat.
Reading can be done anywhere, on anything!
And I am sure there are many more, personally I like to read books, because I like to see them on my shelf, like a sort of achievement. Eventually I would love a room full of shelves with hundreds and hundreds of books.
– I have bought a Kindle Fire – I did purchase this quite a while ago so I am not sure if they are still selling the one I have. But basically just head on to Amazon and search for a kindle fire, I assume there is a new one now, they are not super expensive, but they aren’t as cheap as a book!
They are good for all kinds of things, once you have signed up for amazon prime you will be able to; watch films, listen to music, read books, download apps, FREE next day delivery, and much more.
(You can also get some really pretty cases for them – probably one of the reasons I bought one..)
– I use my kindle for pinterest mainly, because its a bigger screen, and more fun. I am still reading Anne Frank’s Diary as I am trying to delay finishing it until I eventually go to Amsterdam!
So anyway, back to real books, the ones with paper pages, and numbers, and book covers.
Now I totally understand the whole ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’ thing, but sometimes, having a pretty cover really does sell it for me… Who doesn’t like to look at aesthetically pleasing things???
Although – saying that, the books that I would call my all time ‘faves’ probably don’t have the prettiest covers compared to others. Oh well. Now I do understand the whole ‘dont judge a book by its cover’… I am glad you experienced that short life lesson from me to me.
The reasons why to read/why I read;
- Helps you sleep at night.
- Builds vocabulary.
- I think it helps me when blogging – writing better sentences and all that stuff.
- Better than staring at a TV or computer screen for hours?
- Probably the only thing you can do when you’re on holiday (other than listen to music).
- Life lessons, some books to teach you some valuable life lessons! The Alchemist – by Paulo Coelho (I won’t give away the life lesson, you HAVE to read it instead).
- Accomplishment, the feeling when you finish an extremely long book.
- Highlighting or saving fancy quotes you might want to use later on in life.
- Learn new things, cultures, war, people, history, you know what I mean, for example, Alice Walker – The Colour Purple.
- Expand your creative side – if you are planning on writing a book, I think you would do so much better if you really really understand how books are written.
- If I want to watch a film, I will try to read the book first and watch the film after. (I am someone who is not keen on suspense, so win win)
- Letting out emotions, every loves to have a good cry! It makes you feel much better once you have, especially after reading John Green books – Looking for Alaska, and The Fault In Our Stars (also cried my eyes out to the film, every time.)
- Stimulating brain activity – making you feel smarter, I think.
I could probably go on and on and on and on, but I wont because that means I can write another post yay!
Thank you for reading! Please comment below, let me know what your favourite book is and why.